This post was moved over from an old blog of mine that I’ve since taken down.
Several years ago I purchased an APC AP9630 Network Management Card 2 (AP9630 NMC) for a Smart-UPS of mine. The manual was not clear how to change the mode of the card to be DHCP without using a serial cable. (Who even has a laptop with an old serial port?!)
It turns out there are two reset modes for the card:
- Pressing the reset button for 5-7 seconds resets only the password.
- Pressing the reset button for 20 seconds will restore the card to factory default settings and switch it to DHCP mode.
This should also work on the AP9631.
Hopefully this will get indexed and save some people some time in figuring it out…
Latest posts by Chris Parker (see all)
- The Common Sense Guide to Being a Great Podcast Guest – Part 2 - May 8, 2019
- The Common Sense Guide to Being a Great Podcast Guest - May 1, 2019
- Scammers have no ethics whatsoever – Interview Transcript - April 11, 2019