This post was moved over from an old blog of mine that I’ve since taken down.
Several years ago I purchased an APC AP9630 Network Management Card 2 (AP9630 NMC) for a Smart-UPS of mine. The manual was not clear how to change the mode of the card to enable DHCP without using a serial cable. (Who even has a laptop with an old serial port?!)
It turns out there are two reset modes for the card:
- Pressing the reset button for 5-7 seconds resets only the password.
- Pressing the reset button for 20 seconds will restore the card to factory default settings and switch it to DHCP mode.
This should also work on the AP9631.
Hopefully, this will get indexed and save some people some time in figuring it out…
Latest posts by Chris Parker (see all)
- Some of Your Accounts and Passwords Are Probably Floating Around the Internet…Up for Grabs - October 10, 2019
- Turn Your Hobby Into A Successful Business – Interview Transcript - September 13, 2019
- From Laid Off To 7-Figures – Interview Transcript - July 24, 2019