This post was moved over from an old blog of mine that I’ve since taken down.
Several years ago I purchased an APC AP9630 Network Management Card 2 (AP9630 NMC) for a Smart-UPS of mine. The manual was not clear how to change the mode of the card to be DHCP without using a serial cable. (Who even has a laptop with an old serial port?!)
It turns out there are two reset modes for the card:
- Pressing the reset button for 5-7 seconds resets only the password.
- Pressing the reset button for 20 seconds will restore the card to factory default settings and switch it to DHCP mode.
This should also work on the AP9631.
Hopefully this will get indexed and save some people some time in figuring it out…
Latest posts by Chris Parker (see all)
- Building a Million Dollar Website Business with No Employees with Chris Parker – Interview Transcript - December 21, 2018
- How To Protect Your Online Business In 2019 with Chris Parker – Interview Transcript - December 19, 2018
- What to Do About a Lost or Stolen Phone—Before and After It Happens - December 11, 2018